Banana’s Hair Stimulating PowerBananas strengthen hair because they contain vitamin A and potassium. Vitamin A regulates sebum production in the scalp. This creates a healthy moisture balance that encourages healthy hair growth. Potassium clarifies the scalp by removing any bacteria that could be clogging hair follicles.
Banana Smoothie Recipe
1/2 orange, peeled and quartered
1/3 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
1/4 cup water or milk
1 to 2 teaspoons honey
MethodRoughly chop banana and orange quarters then add to a blender. Top with yogurt, water (or milk) and a teaspoon of the honey.
Turn blender on and blend until creamy and smooth. Taste then adjust with extra honey if needed.
Q:Hi Franhey, how you doing? I am a little embarrassed to ask you this question but here it goes. Do you have any natural ways to stop menstrual cramps? Thanks, Sandra
Hey :) I’m great, love. Thank you for asking! I hope you are, too <3
Don’t be embarrassed! That’s a legit concern. Grab a jar of blackstrap molasses (whole foods, vitamin shoppe, amazon) and either drink 2 tablespoons straight or add them to a hot cup of tea (with no caffeine). Drink it as soon as you feel the tension! It will work immediately, you’ll be shocked. The nutrients in the molasses strengthen and relax our muscles (an all-natural muscle pain killer also dope for post workout soreness) and so our uterus (being one big muscle!) gets all of that goodness, as well!
P.S. Check your diet, too! Once I increased my intake of water and cut down on sugar/salt, my cramps became non-existent.
Hey Fran! For anyone interested in an online store that sells cheap natural products, go to DrVita.com. I got Lily of the Desert aloe vera juice and Braggs ACV for about $7 with free shipping. Although it takes 5 days for your items to arrive. Just wanted to put it out there since so many people are looking for natural products with lower prices.
Vegan Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tamales
- 1 – 8 oz. bag dried corn husks, soaked
- 2 poblano peppers, broiled, peeled, and chopped
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- 3 peppers (one yellow, red, and green), finely chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 – 15.5 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 14 oz. can diced tomato, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 c. chopped cilantro
For the masa dough:
- 6 c. masa harina (I used Maseca instant masa mix.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 3/4 – 5 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 c. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
Prepare corn husks:
1. Soak corn husks overnight.
2. Take 3 large corn husks and tear them into 1⁄4 inch strips. Keep them in water until you are ready to use them to avoid breakage.
1. Cut poblano peppers in half and seed them. Brush with olive oil and broil until black spots form, 3-5 minutes. Flip and broil the other side for 3-5 more minutes. Peel skins off, and then chop the peppers.
2. Combine chopped poblanos, sweet potato cubes, 1-2 c. of the tri-colored peppers, mushrooms, and the green onions. Coat in 1 T. of olive oil and roast at 425 for 25-30 minutes on a foil-lined jelly roll pan.
3. In a large wok or skillet, warm 1 T. olive oil over medium heat and saute garlic until it begins to brown. Add black beans, tomatoes, roasted veggies, and cumin. Stir in cilantro and remove from heat.
1. Combine masa harina, salt, chili powder, cumin, and olive oil in an electric mixer on medium speed.
2. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add vegetable broth. After 3 3/4 cups, test the consistency of the dough and add more broth if needed.
1. Lay two corn husks on a flat surface. Place 1/4 c. of dough at the top of a husk and flatten it. Pressing down with a plastic bag will prevent your fingers from sticking to the dough.
2. Place a heaping tablespoon of filling down the center of the dough.
3. Roll the corn husk so it wraps snuggly around the dough and tie it with a corn husk strip.
4. Stand the tamales up in a steamer. Add 2 inches of water to the bottom of the pot and steam for an hour or until the dough pulls easily away from the husk.
5. Share with LOTS of friends!
Makes 25-30 tamales