1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5. Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6. Want to avoid a terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding a headache!!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don’t have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 (I hope you are ALWAYS out of WD 40 and that you use just oil -Unprocessed Mama) and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don’t have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber will react with the boiling water and be released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown to reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don’t have gum or mints? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the phytochemicals will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a ‘green’ way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the
surface you want to clean, not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is won’t leave streaks and won’t harm you fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the
cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate the walls!
52805 Notes/ Hide
- bitter-bi-witch reblogged this from witchyhouseproject
- fuckelle likes this
- genamian likes this
- layofthewitch reblogged this from witchyhouseproject
- thewalkingenigma likes this
- witchyhouseproject reblogged this from punchbuggydragon
- takecontrol-nowornever reblogged this from camiladorkable
- leeds-bracelet likes this
- heraculus reblogged this from souths1ders
- a-rainy-soul likes this
- backtothequantumwho likes this
- tonykingpark reblogged this from all-hail-the-ice-queen
- all-hail-the-ice-queen reblogged this from plushklavier
- pussypusspuss likes this
- herodesu likes this
- taylarific likes this
- leafbladen reblogged this from trenchcoatkisses
- elizabethfaithtrustpixiedust likes this
- lirulin likes this
- thatredfirelight reblogged this from artsywofl
- artoni likes this
- artsywofl reblogged this from kadabralin
- artsywofl likes this
- finishphobic likes this
- kadabralin reblogged this from aryll
- toasterlockbox reblogged this from benedikutokanbabatchi
- wonderfullywandering-alone likes this
- just3words likes this
- 0004909 likes this
- mitzimadrid likes this
- imaloneatmidnight likes this
- allthatpeace likes this
- georgiainunicornland reblogged this from veganonabike24
- nola-rae likes this
- veganonabike24 reblogged this from watermangnana
- nellyumich reblogged this from gymspirational
- veganonabike24 likes this
- breadbooksandbooze likes this
- missrevived likes this
- tsimehceht reblogged this from terramantra
- cwtcher likes this
- lovingearthquake reblogged this from fithealthyfuture
- le-venom likes this
- pandorasboxunleashed likes this
- ringdaggers likes this
- the-monster-in-your-backpack reblogged this from iamthemagicks
- iamthemagicks reblogged this from mynameisbloo
- totl-liferef reblogged this from turning-on-the-light
- rainbowsandjollof likes this