Protein! Why it’s important:
- Helps with weight loss - Protein helps you stay fuller for longer.
- Amino acid source - Your body can’t produce some essential amino acids, so you need to get them through your diet (via protein!)
- Tofu - Low in calories and fat. High in protein.
- Beans - Quinoa (“keen-wah”) and edamame higher in protein than say, kidney beans (more on beans and their protein content here). Beans are a great alternative to meat, especially because they’re so much lower in fat.
- Tempeh - If you don’t know what tempeh is, it’s basically soy in a cake-like form. It has a different flavor and texture from tofu. It’s high in calcium and protein.
- Almonds - almonds alone aren’t enough protein for your diet, but they’re great for snacks.Other Options:
- Beef - Grass-fed beef has more fatty acids and nutrients. It’s also healthier to eat than factory-raised beef. Stick with a lean beef.
- Pork Tenderloin - Much lower in fat than beef.
- Chicken - Organic chicken is extremely lean and has more essential fatty acids than factory raised chicken.
- Wild salmon - Eat only wild salmon. Farm-raised salmon can be diseased, contain high levels of toxins and mercury, and are not as rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Tuna fish
- Eggs - Although egg whites are leaner, whole eggs are great for you too! Eating whole eggs are as natural as eggs come and are high in nutrients.
- Non-fat Greek Yogurt - Stay away from the flavored ones/regular yogurt. They’re extremely high in sugar. Greek yogurt is really high protein and good fats. It also has much less sugar/carbohydrates. Eat them with pureed/mashed fruit instead of the fruit mix-ins that might come with it.
- Milk - Skim, soy, and almond milk are high in protein and low in fat. Milk can also be a great source of calcium.
All this information came from Mark’s Daily Apple. It’s a great site for info on fitness and eating clean.
Check out Eatmoreof for more tips on how to get healthy foods into your diet!
13957 Notes/ Hide
- teenidle17 reblogged this from blkgirlfitness
- teenidle17 likes this
- an-inspired-mind likes this
- vayala12 likes this
- fit-health-food reblogged this from lets--hiit--it
- longmeadowesq likes this
- progressive-fitness reblogged this from tinyskinnylove
- tragicsoda likes this
- qeow likes this
- staceyfod likes this
- allesfuerdichmeinliebling reblogged this from journey-to-pretty-and-thin
- journey-to-pretty-and-thin reblogged this from dreampunkbabe19xx
- dreampunkbabe19xx reblogged this from blkgirlfitness
- kcalories reblogged this from tinyskinnylove
- leethl reblogged this from tinyskinnylove
- hrsneffekt likes this
- non-fit-tion reblogged this from tinyskinnylove
- tinyskinnylove reblogged this from six-keys-to-fitness-success
- indulge-in-paradise reblogged this from fitandfaithfull
- breezie-motivation reblogged this from fitandfaithfull
- fitandfaithfull reblogged this from simplyshrinking
- spiceislegirl reblogged this from blkgirlfitness
- spiceislegirl likes this
- theblvckdove likes this
- dexthemanbliss likes this
- pinkcollinsla reblogged this from blkgirlfitness
- kaykoconut likes this
- big83boy likes this
- ailwio likes this
- drunkinlovebeachbum likes this
- licensedvlut reblogged this from marley-ladeh
- marley-ladeh reblogged this from snazzy-fit
- iamayoyo likes this
- jlazore91 reblogged this from blkgirlfitness
- xandrea12x reblogged this from tooinsecuretobehappy
- turnthetablesstacks likes this
- calicaitie reblogged this from lizzieslifestyle
- elyillest reblogged this from juicedbuilding
- elyillest likes this
- sweataddict reblogged this from nutrisupsworldwide
- weightlossmotivation-fitspo reblogged this from weightlossmotivation-fitspo
- 52cherries likes this
- petitebrownlady likes this
- andwhereisthebody reblogged this from lizzieslifestyle
- iknittedabox reblogged this from spoonfulofcookiebutter
- discoveringluna reblogged this from myfitnessblogjournal
- discoveringluna likes this
- maddolphinblog likes this