Organic Winter Skin Care: Drugstore Edition
I know a few of you don’t have the time/space/money, aren’t into DIY beauty projects or simply aren’t fans of handling oils and raw butters. With this in mind, I wanted to make sure to include dope and reliable store-bought options for healthy winter skin care.
This Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Body Wash is incredible. Have you tried it? The fresh ingredients cleanse your skin while also leaving it soft and moisturized. Also organic and incredibly healing for those suffering from severe dryness, eczema, bacne, discoloration, etc. You can grab a 32 oz bottle for $10 at CVS, Target, Duane Reade, Trader Joe’s & Whole Foods.
Ingredients: (Certified Organic) - Water, organic coconut oil, organic olive oil, lavandin extract, organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, vitamin e, citric acid (natural preservative).
The coolest part? You can also use it to wash your face, hair, laundry, dishes and even to brush your teeth. That’s how natural, organic and versatile this stuff is. The company is Fair trade which means fair prices are paid to producers in developing countries. What more could you ask for in a brand? Love love love!
The Lavender scent is my personal fav <3
Now that your skin is clean, soft and ready to be replenished with moisture…
Both of these are the absolute truth when it comes to lotion! The Shea Moisture Argan Oil & Raw Shea Butter and the Raw Shea Butter Lotion. Both are $9.99 each and can be purchased at Target, CVS and Duane Reade.
My personal fav is the Raw Shea Butter one <3
Ingredients: (Certified Organic) - Shea butter, deionized water, palm kernel, vegetable wax, castor oil, mango butter, cocoa butter, vegetable glycerin, jojoba oil, soy milk, vitamin e, frankincense & myrrh, comfrey root extract, honeysuckle flower extract.
I consider this to be the perfect lotion because, although it’s loaded with butters and oils, you never feel greasy. It actually penetrates really really well and doesn’t sit on top of your skin. And you still end up with the same soft, dewy glow butters/oils leave behind. Best of both worlds. Love this stuff! Always apply moisture on damp skin for best results.
The combination of the Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint (or Lavender) Body Wash (always use exfoliating gloves or a shower puff to help your skin repair itself faster) and the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Lotion = Winter Skin Care Gold! All at your local drugstores, healthy and for $20 total :)
Let me know if you try it! Or if any of you use them already??
169 Notes/ Hide
- noblefleur likes this
- maya3x likes this
- honeynougat likes this
- requiemorelegy likes this
- shatekalashae reblogged this from heyfranhey and added:
- maddapparatus reblogged this from heyfranhey
- acoustic3soul reblogged this from heyfranhey and added:
- simplysupreme likes this
- misandry-and-reverseracism likes this
- aphroditescloset11 reblogged this from heyfranhey
- kapolloniaxo likes this
- isayitimeanit reblogged this from heyfranhey and added:
- isayitimeanit likes this
- herthoughtsherjourney likes this
- formerdramaqueen answered: I LOVE the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter lotion. Bought a trial size Dr. Bronner’s at Target to try, do you use it like regular shower gel?
- ziggyzsa likes this
- sylveej likes this
- healthyblackchicks reblogged this from heyfranhey
- tat360 likes this
- pinkwarrior62 likes this
- jadeandwele likes this
- acoustic3soul likes this
- bulletproofb likes this
- in-zan-ity answered: I love the Lavender Dr Bronners’!
- goldilocksnobears answered: I actually use the SM Raw Shea Butter body wash and my skin hasn’t been this cooperative in the winter since I was in high school.
- afrobrownies likes this
- loveherture likes this
- saffiaxo likes this
- shootinsomebballoutsidaschool likes this
- dearauset answered: I love Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Castile Soap. I buy mines from Target.
- martynabaker likes this
- thegirlnamedkenie likes this
- nkemrise likes this
- beautycatchestheheart likes this
- baadgalriri likes this
- soular-x3 likes this
- strawberrypoptartkisses reblogged this from heyfranhey
- pandadynamo reblogged this from heyfranhey
- reishcapiche likes this
- deejmaneej reblogged this from heyfranhey
- penelopemars answered: I can vouche for Dr. B’s! It cleanses very well but it’s very gentle on the face
- fashioniswhatur likes this