Continuing my obsession with natural beauty and makeup, here is something I didn’t think was possible - an all natural blush! I’ve made blush before but always used mica. Well this blush is made from…beetroot powder! There’s directions on how to dry out your own beetroot to turn into powder or you can purchase it (a quick Google search turned up about a million hits, I’m sure you can find it!). There’s some great tips on how to change up the color to suit your skin too.
I’m not a big coffee drinker and I’m not huge on black tea, but I love chai tea, especially chai lattes. The smell is amazing! So I was so excited to see this soap recipe that uses chai tea as a exfoliating base. Even better, this one also uses melt and pour soap which is incredibly simple to use, meaning you could make a few of these to give away as gifts too.
Q:I tried the oil cleansing method and it has been working great for my skin- it feels supple and soft. Except for today i noticed a few pimples on my forehead. Do you have any suggestions for that? Does that happen to you? Do you think i should reduce the cleansing to once a day?
First try a “Clear Skin” checklist to make sure it’s not something other than a reaction to the Oil Cleansing Method.
- Increase your intake of water to 2 liters, daily
- Change your pillowcase
- Cut down on sugar, caffeine and dairy
- Make sure you’re not using the towel you’re drying your body with to also dry your face. Always have separate (and fresh) face towels. I use a new one every day, then wash them all over the weekend.
- Try hair products with more natural ingredients. Sleeping on hair full of chemicals will always affect your skin.
If you’ve gone through that checklist and still see pimples, I would suggest only Oil Cleansing at night, right before bed! And simply doing a cold water rinse/splash in the am. Or you can stick to your twice daily cleansing routine while also incorporating Witch Hazel With Cucumber and Aloe as a toner after Oil Cleansing. This helps balance your natural oils, gives you an awesome dewy glow and evens out your skin tone. Hope that helps <3
Tonight’s Facial Part II
- Apply Honey
- Let sit for 5 minutes
- You are Delicious (;
- Rinse honey off with warm water,
- I like to give myself a once over with these facial wipes again
- Apply Toner
- If you need to add an all natural moisturizer- like coconut oil
- Your face is now smoother than a baby’s bottom.
- And smells better too (;
I’m happy you loved it <3
Missed the Honey Cleansing Tutorial? Watch it here.