I’m not a big coffee drinker and I’m not huge on black tea, but I love chai tea, especially chai lattes. The smell is amazing! So I was so excited to see this soap recipe that uses chai tea as a exfoliating base. Even better, this one also uses melt and pour soap which is incredibly simple to use, meaning you could make a few of these to give away as gifts too.
Q:I tried the oil cleansing method and it has been working great for my skin- it feels supple and soft. Except for today i noticed a few pimples on my forehead. Do you have any suggestions for that? Does that happen to you? Do you think i should reduce the cleansing to once a day?
First try a “Clear Skin” checklist to make sure it’s not something other than a reaction to the Oil Cleansing Method.
- Increase your intake of water to 2 liters, daily
- Change your pillowcase
- Cut down on sugar, caffeine and dairy
- Make sure you’re not using the towel you’re drying your body with to also dry your face. Always have separate (and fresh) face towels. I use a new one every day, then wash them all over the weekend.
- Try hair products with more natural ingredients. Sleeping on hair full of chemicals will always affect your skin.
If you’ve gone through that checklist and still see pimples, I would suggest only Oil Cleansing at night, right before bed! And simply doing a cold water rinse/splash in the am. Or you can stick to your twice daily cleansing routine while also incorporating Witch Hazel With Cucumber and Aloe as a toner after Oil Cleansing. This helps balance your natural oils, gives you an awesome dewy glow and evens out your skin tone. Hope that helps <3
Tonight’s Facial Part II
- Apply Honey
- Let sit for 5 minutes
- You are Delicious (;
- Rinse honey off with warm water,
- I like to give myself a once over with these facial wipes again
- Apply Toner
- If you need to add an all natural moisturizer- like coconut oil
- Your face is now smoother than a baby’s bottom.
- And smells better too (;
I’m happy you loved it <3
Missed the Honey Cleansing Tutorial? Watch it here.