- Great Skin: Cucumbers are full of great nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, calcium, vitamin K and potassium.
- Cucumbers are especially great for detoxing because they prevent water retention and have anti-inflammatory properties.
Click here for the recipe and 4 other detox fruit waters!
What do you know about em’?!
I have recently started juicing them (with Carrot to dilute the tart flavor and added a little Ginger for a zing!) primarily because I wanted to flush out my liver (great liver cleaning food!) but after a little research I’m finding so many cool benefits to adding Beets to my diet that I just had to share! Read them through, the last being my favorite - 😌
1. High in Nitric Oxide; which increases your recovery rate post work. Reduces fatigue levels after high rep weight training. Enhances endurance performance and increases your energy & stamina!
2. Because Beets detoxify your liver it makes for a great hangover cure! (Not that I’m encouraging excessive drinking!)
3. Compounds found in beets that give them their deep color called Betacyanin, may also be a potent cancer fighter.
4. Known to relax the mind and help fight depression.
5. In Roman times the Beetroot was known as a natural Aphrodisiac - it apparently increases your sex drive, holla!!! 😜 (Consider the art of love making a form of cardio - Cardio: an aerobic form of exercise that requires oxygen and good, strong …stamina, tying it all back to point #1 - ya feel me?!) 😎
BEETS! Be about them! 💃
Q:hey fran! do you have a good juice recipe for acne prone skin? or would any juice or smoothie be helpful?
Honestly, any green juice/smoothie (that you make yourself!) will be helpful! The nutrients will give your body that boost it needs, always resulting in clearer skin!
My personal fav juice for clear skin (and mind!) if you have a juicer:
Kale - 3 leaves
Spinach - 1 cup
Celery - 3 stalks
1 lemon, 1 green apple
Half a ginger
Not “sweet enough” for you? Feel free to add a carrot or beet as a natural sweetener! Both also amazing for skin health!
(A few pieces of Parsley if you have some, for that extra internal health boost!)
My personal fav green smoothie for clear skin if you have a blender:
Kale - 2 leaves
Spinach - 1 cup
1 mango (or pear)
1 spoonful of ground chia seeds or flax oil (amazing for skin/hair health)
1 1/2 cups of Almond Milk
(A spoonful of Chlorophyll - cleans your blood- if you can get some! For either the smoothie or juice! Helped my skin SO much!)
Hope that helps <3
P.S. Don’t forget your intake of water, too! No less than 2-3 liters a day will be super super helpful for acne prone skin!