- Great Skin: Cucumbers are full of great nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, calcium, vitamin K and potassium.
- Cucumbers are especially great for detoxing because they prevent water retention and have anti-inflammatory properties.
Click here for the recipe and 4 other detox fruit waters!
What do you know about em’?!
I have recently started juicing them (with Carrot to dilute the tart flavor and added a little Ginger for a zing!) primarily because I wanted to flush out my liver (great liver cleaning food!) but after a little research I’m finding so many cool benefits to adding Beets to my diet that I just had to share! Read them through, the last being my favorite - 😌
1. High in Nitric Oxide; which increases your recovery rate post work. Reduces fatigue levels after high rep weight training. Enhances endurance performance and increases your energy & stamina!
2. Because Beets detoxify your liver it makes for a great hangover cure! (Not that I’m encouraging excessive drinking!)
3. Compounds found in beets that give them their deep color called Betacyanin, may also be a potent cancer fighter.
4. Known to relax the mind and help fight depression.
5. In Roman times the Beetroot was known as a natural Aphrodisiac - it apparently increases your sex drive, holla!!! 😜 (Consider the art of love making a form of cardio - Cardio: an aerobic form of exercise that requires oxygen and good, strong …stamina, tying it all back to point #1 - ya feel me?!) 😎
BEETS! Be about them! 💃