Kale Banana Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 TBS hemp seeds
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup water or almond milk
- 5 kales leafsPlace all ingredients into a blender and blend!!
Mixed Berry with Kale Smoothie
- 2 cups kale (loosely packed)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (fresh could be used as well)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (fresh could be used as well)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp whole ground flaxseed meal
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (I like my smoothies sweet, and this one was plenty sweet enough. You may want to start with 1 tbsp and add more to taste)
- Toss kale, strawberries, blueberries, banana, and almond milk in a blender. Pulse until pulverized.
- Add flaxseed meal and agave nectar. Blend until well combined.
I said before that the strawberry/banana/spinach green smoothie was the best I’d ever had, and that was true. Until now! This smoothie is absolutely delicious, and I can’t even taste a hint of the greens. I’m so glad to have found such a tasty way to rotate my greens. :)
Q:Hey Fran, I was just reading something about the powers of aloe vera outside of the topical gel. I've tried aloe juice before, but the texture doesn't sit well with me. Have you ever used aloe in a green smoothie? Thanks for all your tips!
Hey! :) I actually have a post on all of the ways I incorporate Aloe, in its various forms. You can read it here. It’s amazing in green smoothies! If you’re ever suffering from constipation or just feel “off”, it’s amazing for resetting your body. Effective for the blood and keeping your sugar levels balanced (helps you avoid those energy crashes at the end of the day). Great for those suffering from asthma, too!