5 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight
"How many of you would agree that losing weight is hard to do? Sure, calories in have to be less than energy out, but sometimes there is more to that equation. It’s easy to make mistakes that unknowingly hinder us from achieving our weight loss goals. In our latest video, we talking about 5 common pitfalls many folks make and what you can do about it."
How many of you are in the zone with your workouts? Let’s keep pushing each other to stay motivated!
Here’s a quick health & fitness tip:
Add 1 teaspoon of Turmeric to your post-workout smoothie to aid with fat loss and help improve muscle soreness. I’d suggest buying it fresh and grating it. If not, i’m also a huge fan of the Simply Organic brand at Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s and most health food markets.
Turmeric is fat soluble meaning it will only absorb into your body properly and give you every health benefit if you include a healthy fat in the recipe! I like turmeric with avocado! Add 1 teaspoon of Turmeric and 1/2 an avocado to your fav smoothie ingredients and drink up within 30 minutes of finishing your workout. Hope that helps <3
P.S. It’s also pretty amazing for cancer prevention, weight control, improved digestion and as a boost for the immune system. Just to name a few!
How Many Calories Do You Need?
“Calories. Everybody needs them. But how do you know just how many your body needs per day to maintain your figure — or even lose a couple of pounds? This week we share with you our simple dietitian formula for determining your daily caloric intake. We also talk about what calories you should aim to consume each day.”
Almonds contain a natural pain-killing agent called salicin.
Salicin is an anti-inflammatory agent that is produced from the Willow bark. This agent is also contained in over the counter pain killers like aspirin.
In addition, almonds contain high level of magnesium, and this helps to relax muscles and minimize nerve excitability and therefore it also helps to reduce headaches due to stress and anxiety.
Almonds can be eaten in any way, raw or they can be soaked overnight, They can be added to meals or in-between meals. Eat a handful of almonds between meals, approximately 10-12 almonds should be eaten daily for relieving and preventing headaches.
Certain plants can purify the air taking out toxins or bad or stale air, these are some wonderful plants to keep around the home.
1. Bamboo Palm: It removes formaldahyde and is also said to act as a natural humidifier.
2. Snake Plant: It absorb nitrogen oxides and formaldahyde.
3. Areca Palm: One of the best air purifying plants for general air cleanliness.
4. Spider Plant: Great indoor plant for removing carbon monoxide and other toxins or impurities. Spider plants are one of three plants NASA deems best at removing formaldahyde from the air.
5. Peace Lily: Peace lilies could be called the “clean-all.” They’re often placed in bathrooms or laundry rooms because they’re known for removing mold spores. Also know to remove formaldahyde and trichloroethylene.
6. Gerbera Daisy: Not only do these gorgeous flowers remove benzene from the air, they’re known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen over night.
Nutrition and Lifestyle Remedies for Constipation
"Bowel movements are a powerful indicator of our health. Since constipation is no joke and SO many people experience issues relating to it, we decided to whip up a vid on how to prevent and/or relieve constipation.
By incorporating a few of these simple tricks, you can reduce your risk for diseases (i.e. colon cancer) AND be on your way to a healthier colon. Enjoy”