20 Reasons Why You Should Join The Wheat Grass Wave
• Restores alkalinity in the blood
• Repairs blood cells
• Lowers cholesterol
• Detoxes the liver
• Builds immune system
• Relieves constipation
• Balances gut bacteria
• Aids in weight loss
• Lowers risk of heart disease
• Regulates blood sugar
• Regulates blood pressure
• Natural source of energy
• Complete source of multivitamins
• Clears skin
• Miracle food
Can’t find fresh wheatgrass? Try this organic powdered wheatgrass!
Oh My Veggies writes:
If you want to enjoy a green smoothie as a snack, you’ll want to use this formula: Greens + Carbohydrate + Protein.
For a meal smoothie, the formula is: Greens + Healthy Fat + Carbohydrate + Protein.
Add optional superfoods to any type of smoothie for a nutritional boost. Here are some of my favorite ingredients:
- Greens and Other Veggies – the king green kale, spinach, romaine, celery, swiss chard, mustard greens, dandelion greens, cucumber, wheatgrass, herbs such as mint, cilantro, parsley, and basil, etc.
- Fruit – bananas, apples, green apples, pears, kiwi, pineapple, peaches, mango, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, papaya, lemons, limes, grapefruit, orange, blood orange, figs, dates, plums, acai, etc.
- Proteins – plant-based protein powders (brown rice, pea, Sunwarrior, Vega, etc.), hemp seeds, chia seeds, nut butters, etc.
- Healthy Fats – chia seeds, avocados, coconut oil, hemp seeds, nuts/seeds
- Superfoods (Optional) – bee pollen, maca powder, lucuma, cocoa nibs, spirulina, chlorella, cinnamon, cayenne, young coconut meat, unsweetened shredded coconut, coconut water, avocado, chia seeds, hemp seeds, matcha tea powder, nut milks, sprouted buckwheat groats, raw gluten free oats, etc.
Green Smoothie Benefits + Chocolate Mint Green Smoothie recipe here.
10 Signs You Have An Unhealthy Gut & How To Heal It
Mind Body Green writes:
In functional medicine, we believe that every system in the body is connected. Your digestive and hormonal systems, for example, aren’t independent of one another. At the center of it all is a properly functioning digestive system.
When your gut is unhealthy, it can cause more than just stomach pain, gas, bloating, or diarrhea. Because 60-80% of our immune system is located in our gut, gut imbalances have been linked to hormonal imbalances, autoimmune diseases, diabetes, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, anxiety, depression, eczema, rosacea, and other chronic health problems.
I believe the gut is the gateway to health, and the first step I take with all of my patients regardless of their diagnosis is to heal the gut.
10 Signs You Have an Unhealthy Gut:
1. Digestive issues like bloating, gas, diarrhea
2. Food allergies or sensitivities
5. Mood swings, irritability
6. Skin problems like eczema, rosacea
8. Autoimmune disease
9. Frequent Infections
10. Poor memory and concentration, ADD or ADHD
How To Heal An Unhealthy Gut || Read the rest here.
Scientists have determined that substituting 50 grams of white rice with the same quantity of brown rice can reduce risk of type 2 diabetes by 16 percent.
The polishing of brown rice takes away most of its fiber, which can help prevent diabetes by resulting in less of an increase in blood sugar levels after eating.
Brown rice is also better than white rice as far as vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals are concerned.
Acupressure 101 || Relieve Mental & Physical Stress Using These Acupoints:
"The next time you’re feeling tired and stressed out, pull down on your earlobes firmly for a few seconds, or apply firm pressure to the indentation on your nose bridge between your eyebrows using your thumb for several minutes while breathing deeply. Sometimes a little acupressure is all you need to give an extra lift to your mental and physical health.
While there are countless acupressure points (acupoints) from head to toe with very specific points corresponding to different areas of your body and health, you can get started on very basic acupressure 101 to relieve your headache, let go of some stress, give yourself an energy boost, or help with your lower back pain.
Take note that certain acupressure points are not advisable for pregnant women and you should always breathe fully while applying these acupressure points.
(Click on image to enlarge)
Via Wonder How To
Wellness Mama writes:
When it comes to health, hormones, and gut bacteria have a much bigger effect than many people realize. In fact, these two factors can destroy health even if everything else (diet, supplements, etc.) is optimized.
Conversely, fixing hormones and gut bacteria can do a lot to boost health, even if not all the other factors are optimal. In fact, there are even studies about using certain hormone reactions to heal brain trauma.
If you doubt the very real power of hormones to affect everything from mood, to weight, to bowel health – ask the nearest pregnant woman if she’s noticed any difference in these areas since being pregnant. Or ask the nearest 13 year old girl… carefully…
If you have symptoms like fatigue, skin issues, weight gain, weight around the middle, trouble sleeping, always sleeping, PMS, endometriosis, infertility, PCOS or other issues, chances are you have hormone imbalance!
What are Hormones?
Read the rest here.